Wednesday, October 28, 2009

His Strength Is Perfect

Last week I was blessed to have my Mary Kay Director, Kathy Lee, spend a week with me. She spent a week coaching me and encouraging me. We almost hit a $1,000 in sales that week and gained two very good recruits. Then as soon as she came, she was gone.
I was flooded with doubt and unbelief. Can I do this without her? That was not God speaking to me for He had already enabled me to lead the unit in sales my first year and I came in second my second year.
So what was the real problem? The self-conflict comes from loving a job I have at Be In Health where I have an opportunity to speak into people's lives and balancing it with a 10 hour a week job with Mary Kay where I speak into people's lives that I would never see in church. Last week I prayed for ear problems, ulcers and more as they came for a facial. Which is better? Can I have both?
I recognize that some of the conflict comes from having been so sick for several months. Seems that when you are worn out physically, your spiritual strength is apt to wane as well. But it doesn't have to for when we are weak, He promises that He is strength is strong. Now that I am healing, I am better able to see places where I was relying on my strength and not His. For this I repent for my best strength is as a wet noodle compare to His.
As I draw near to Him and take the time to be still and listen to Him, He will give me direction.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. It is God that girdeth me with strength and maketh my way perfect.

No comments: