Tuesday, March 8, 2011

If I Were Brave

Fear is a thief! It will rob you of your life, the life truly intended you to have. There are over 10,000 fears ranging from fear of abandonment to fear of flying.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
When I first married Ray, he frequently drove my car. I would get in MY car on Monday morning and I would hear the radio blaring twangy country music. Not my favorite. So I would change the station to the easy listening genre I enjoyed. I simply chose not to listen to that station.
But it took me another 25 years to do that with the thoughts bombarding my head. If they aren't coming from God, I change the "station."
Philippians 4:8 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
So when thoughts come bombarding in to rob you of your faith, rob you of your future, change the station and think on these things.

No comments: