Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just Got In

We arrived just moments ago from South Carolina.
For Ray it was a thousand miles over a week's time.
The original plan was for Mom to come back with me today, but after she fell twice last Saturday, we began to rethink that idea. As the week progressed, so did her pain level. Her hip and shoulder are deteriorating.
I went from one daughter to another visiting with their families and attending a high school graduation to a ballet recital where another granddaughter played Snow White.
Sandwiched in between was Mom's 81st birthday. I took her to the Smokin' Pig and that evening Carrin took us to Applebees. It was a very good day.
No matter where you are in family relationship there is always a yearning for one thing or another to be different. I asked the Lord to show me how He saw us, our relationships, our hearts. Sometimes I was so grieved.
Then this evening I remembered that before my dad died, our relationship was restored after years of abuse.
Instead of dwelling on the negative, the very last weekend of his life, I had been sharing my story of restoration to over 500 people. When I left that convocation, I was told that he was in the hospital dying.
The following song is one that I sang to him on his deathbed. I share it to encourage you to trust God with the people He has placed in your life.

No comments: