Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today Is The Day

In 30 minutes we begin our trek to the airport. We have to stop at AT&T on the way because we are having texting issues. Ray and I are so non-techie!
Last night past our bedtime, we got still another phone call and a generous gift was deposited in our checking account this morning for the trip.
Each time a gift arrives, I hear in my spirit:
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Eph. 3:20
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].Malachi 3:10
This past week, it has been:
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Luke 6:38
We are truly in the running over mode now. It is funny for over a month ago, the Lord laid on our hearts to give $100 to a missionary. We barely had $100, but I knew that I knew that we were being directed by the Holy Spirit to give it. Absolutely NO doubt. At first, it made no sense because we were pooling money to go to Ireland. But we were obedient.
I have a Mary Kay business. When I felt I was supposed to take a week off from work three weeks ago to spend time with my mother and my children and grandchildren, it made no sense. In the natural I could not afford to do that.
While away from home the Lord blessed me with over $300 in online orders plus these other gifts. In fact, while I was out of town doing what I thought the Lord was asking me to do, the church took up an offering for our trip that exceeded a week's pay!
Have you ever heard of a church giving someone an offering to go on vacation? In 64 years I have never seen that unless it was a pastor and I think that was ONE time. ONE time in 64 years! Had to be God! That is when I hit the "running over" mode. I praise God I attend a church that loves its sheep. What a family it is!
Our prayer is that EVERY gift regardless of the size will be multiplied back to the giver abundantly.

No comments: