Friday, January 15, 2010

Most Problems Are Caused Because Our Receptors Are Broken or Turned Off

As a little child I learned that For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Although I certainly knew I was a part of that world, it has only been the past year that I have understood how unconditional that love and that no matter how much of His love I have received, there is more.
Why is it that we don't receive all the love He has for us so that we can pour it out on others. I cannot love in my own strength. I can't. However, if I receive the Father's love for myself out of sheer gratitude it pours forth.
Wrong doctrine tells us not to love ourselves. The Word says we are to love the Lord our God with all our heart, all our mind and love our neighbor as ourself. We can only love our neighbor deeply if we first love the Father, then ourselves.
How grateful I am for His love.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When we choose to not forgive ourself, we are setting ourselves higher than God. He has forgiven us if we have repented. How can we say we can't forgive ourselves when He has?