Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Every Day

Valentine's Day can be a lonely day for many. I try to spread the love, those little hearts with sayings and chocolates to those whose paths I cross.
However, what a sweeter place this would be if we took the time to love every day.
Love takes time- time to care, time to listen, time to get involved, time to hug and hold.
As I get older I am at the past the middle of my time line and time is very precious. Yet that makes the gift of time even more special.
When you give time, you tell that person that they are valuable. You give them hope.
I am well aware of the time I waste. I work full-time and am developing my Mary Kay business. Nevertheless, I find time to watch television. What if I made a phone call instead or send a note of encouragement? How many of the 10,080 minutes that I am alloted each week, do they get?
How I spend my time is a reflection of my priorities. Do I spend it on people or things?
Spend some time encouraging and loving others today.

No comments: