Monday, February 15, 2010

Who Do We Give Our Heart To?


Our worship honors and magnifies God, but it also builds us up and strengthens us. The joy of the Lord is our strength. (Neh. 8:10) No matter what is facing me if I receive His joy simply by worshiping Him I will be strengthened. To stay strengthened I must also have His Word in me alive as rhema.

We become like unto those we admire and worship. When we worship God we tend to value what God values and gradually take on the characteristics and qualities of God.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor 3:17-18
When we worship God we receive His forgiveness, tenderness, mercy, righteousness, holiness, gentleness and love. As we let go of the things that bind us, these traits become gifts we can give to others. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2

It is journey. Christ in me, the hope of glory. How can He be in me unless I ask? As Philippians 2:5 says, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ." How do we take on the mind of Christ?

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2 We renew our mind as we study and meditate on God’s Word and worship Him.



No comments: