Saturday, September 18, 2010

The House is Quiet

Although I no longer have small children at home, my husband is a "crash, boom, thud" kind of guy. Quiet isn't even in his vocabulary. The middle child of 11 of an Irish Catholic family in the Bronx, he knows what it means to live life out loud.
So the guys went to a Men's Breakfast this morning and I have four hours of no noise. It has been blissful.
I can't say I have been too productive, but I have thorough enjoyed my time out. I have been exploring pioneerwoman.com that that Adrienne turned me on to. What fun! That led me to another site and on and on I have played without guilt. (Have you read Joyce Meyer's Eat the Cookie, Buy the Shoes book? lol)
I want to encourage you to make some "me" time at least weekly to feel your soul with a few of your favorite things. Never be too busy to enjoy life. It goes by way too quickly.

No comments: