Friday, September 17, 2010

The Mosaic of Our Lives

My friend, Johnda, has come to town for a visit. I love it when she comes because we speak the same language at so many levels. She is straightforward and even blunt at times, but she has a heart of gold and when she laughs her eyes twinkle.
It doesn't matter what project I am in the middle of, I have learned that when she is in town, I need to grab her, because she will be gone all too quickly.
This is a principle I should probably apply to all of my friendships for no one is guaranteed tomorrow. The older I get, the faster the sand runs through the hour glass of life.
If you have a friend like Johnda, you are rich.
Have to share this video. The first pix is of a palm tree. Johnda bought a picture of palm trees today to hang over her fireplace in her Georgia home. She always brings a bit of California with her.

No comments: