Thursday, July 26, 2012

How Long, Lord? How Long?

I have been a Christian 60 years ever since I asked Him in my heart during Sunday school at First Baptist Church in DeLand, FL. sixty years. You would think I would have gotten this walk right by now. 
David declares, "My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word."
I, too, hold on t things that are not good to me, those dusty things carried from my past that I haul into each new day.
My biggest struggle is running to food as a false comforter. Food when I am tired. Food when I want to express love. Food when I need love. Food has way too much room in my life. I recently lost 10 pounds, but because it is like taking sand from the Sahara, it is not good enough. Wonder who told me that?
So I go back to the Word and what it says about me, about my walk and my final destination.

Why do we search elsewhere when the answers are all right there?
My souls cleaves to the (worthless).
When I run to the Word, He can restore me and even enlarge my heart to receive more that I may pour out more. To receive His love and then pass it on is a great delight.
Today I will be patient with myself. I will look to my Father to guide me. He is the truth that never changes. I am His daughter. I am loved and must learn to love myself even in the dust.


Spiritual maturity cannot come in a day. We cannot expect it. It takes growth, until the whole beauty of the image of Christ is formed in (us).
Andrew Murray


No comments: