Saturday, August 4, 2012

Humpty-Dumpty Kind of Faith

But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.Hebrews 11:6

Two of my granddaughters are here. School starts in a couple of weeks and I want so badly to make sure that they have everything they need for school.
My mother and grandmother would make clothes for me and my sister to assure that the first week of school I would have a new outfit every day.
Well, I can sew a straight line, but that is about it. I gave up early because every time I would try, my grandmother would rip it out and tell me to do it again. So the joy of sewing was just not there.
Ray and I have bought some clothes and some school supplies, but I want to do so much more. Also, I want make sure they have brand new tennis shoes, awesome book bags and a few other things. They have not asked or even hinted for a single thing.
They are so grateful for what they have received.
I had to catch myself, because I was tormenting myself by looking at MY resources rather than Father God. Can I not trust Him to provide the things they need after I have done all that I can do?
He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM, not deals, maneuvering of the family budget. Seek Him. As much as I love these girls, He loves them so much more. So once again I release them and their needs to Him.
When I seek His hands rather than His face, my focus is skewed. It is a heart issue and if my focus is wrong then I have that Humpty-dumpty kind of faith that makes you scramble to try to get it all together again. His answers are always found when we let go and trust Him.

No comments: