Sunday, August 25, 2013

Exceeding Abundantly

14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

We pray to the Father asking for help in situations, ask for blessings, answers and more, but when Paul pray he prays conditionally. He prays declaring that God is able to meet us EXCEEDING ABUNDANTLY. Then he add the caveat: according to the power working in us.
The Lord spoke to me several months ago saying I was coming into a season of "exceeding abundantly."
If you looked at my life at that time, you would have had to laugh like Sarah when God said she would have a baby in her 90s. However, I knew that condition and knew the reality was I had to turn up my power. That meant more time in the Word, more prayer and trusting at a still deeper level.
 I think we always think we trust God until He begins to barbecue one of our sacred cows. Time and privacy are two of mine. Someone said that they didn't even know I moved.
I replied, I am a very private person."
As I walked away, I heard a still small voice chide, "No, not private. Unloving."
God knows for us to be whole we must be in fellowship. It is just like the enemy to send the false comforter to tell us we are wounded. We need to be alone to heal.

We do need some alone time to relax, but when that alone time becomes a lifestyle, we will wither from malnourishment.
We are a body "fitly joined together" and when a body part goes missing, we are crippled. Reaching out when you are empty and wounded is scary, but "perfect love casts out fear." Ask Daddy to help you. Begin small forays. Show up a few minutes early and smile.
Smile as if you know a secret. You do. "Greater is He that is in you than He that is the world."
He is the power source for EXCEEDING ABUNDANTLY. Stay plugged in.

No comments: