Friday, July 31, 2009

There's a Time to Act and a Time to Be Still

Recently I have had some health challenges. I have had to be still. Sometimes I have slept twelve hours at a time.
As I began to recover myself, I picked up a new rhythm. I have been reminded to "Be still and know that He is God."
It is always a sweet time when I do that. Each time I wonder why it took me so long to get back to this place.
More often than not it has been fear that has drawn me away from the safety of His arms. It really doesn't matter whether it is fear of man or fear of tomorrow. Fear is the antithesis of faith. God has given us each a measure of faith.
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3
If He has given us this measure of faith, are we not to be good stewards of it? That is totally impossible if we are entertaining fear. I had to realize that when I was in fear, I simply was not trusting God. Seeing it clearly, it was an easy decision to run back into His arms and once again Be Still.

No comments: