Monday, November 15, 2010

Building the Village

We had gone to Hobby Lobby earlier in the week to buy styrofoam for the platform of the village and it was going to cost over a hundred dollars. So Ray bought a hot wire cutter instead and then checked at Lowe's and Home Depot for a better price and found none. So we went dumpster diving for packing styrofoam yesterday. Three dumpsters later we were in business.
Ray took the hot wire cutter and pieced it together like a puzzle. Now the fun begins as we build our Christmas village. We have begun placing the 30 plus houses and buildings. We move them from one side to another. Mother called to say she was sending us a town hall. So we decided to create a town square like we have here.
Up went the shops to go to the Square.
Life isn't that simple. We don't always get to choose our neighbors or where our house is located. We can't pick it up and move to greener pastures without great expense.
So while we are where we are, we should live life to the fullest.
How may times do we have to be told to bloom where we are planted.
That neighbor next door isn't there by accident. At the very least, she needs your smile, but I bet she could use an encouraging word and a hug.
Perhaps you are there to pray for them.
We are told to love our neighbor as ourself. So perhaps the crux of the problem is that we really don't love ourselves.
Can I just be gentle with myself and just BE the best ME I can BE? After all, I am just a girl.
I found this song on YouTube. It reminded of Irish pub music and the singer reminds me of Lori Ann. Hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

AllThingsHomey said...

IF I could pick my neighbor, I'd pick you.