Sunday, November 14, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

Though I am working from home and trying to recover myself, emotions sometimes play havoc with the best intentions.
A dear friend was killed in a car wreck last Monday. The first day I was just numb, my processing mode. Then I was able to cry. Then I began to grieve. I tormented myself with the undone deeds and the unspoken words.
Just the week before she had said, "Diane, your heart will be just fine. I've got a pacemaker and fully expect another 20 years for both of us."
She didn't live even 20 more days, much less years.
Of course, when I had lunch with her Sunday, I had no idea that would be the last time I would see her.
Where does the time go?
Are we so busy doing that we forget to BE. We are human beings, not human doings.
In John 5:19, Jesus,says, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."
In other words, He saw what His Father was doing and He joined Him.
If we would follow that simple formula, look to the Father and do it as He would, there would be no stress, drivenness nor performance.

No comments: