Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time Out

Ray and I were given an opportunity to stay in an 1885 cabin. It was originally a tobacco drying house. Our friends, Rick and Mary Pat, own StillMeadows and needed a passive caretaker for their property and dogs.
There is no television. However, in the cabin we stayed in, there was internet access and sometimes our cell phones worked.
It was time to be together, plan our trip to Ireland which is fast approaching and totally relax.
When I laid down at night, I could look out the window through the pine trees to the lake. It was very much like Northern Florida where I was born and raised. There was quiet that soothed the soul.
Sometimes I don't think that we realize how wound up we are until we really step out of every day sounds and demands and soak in blissful quiet. Watching the sun set over the lake was equally relaxing.
What a rich gift of time we were given. I remember when my friend, Sharon, gave me her cabin for a week. It strengthened me.
In quiet there is healing and after the restoration of your soul you are free to dream again. Time and stress are dream snatchers.
I was reminded while away how important it is to take time and be still. Whether it is a cabin in the woods or a bubble bath, be still; be quiet. Dare to dream.


No comments: