Monday, July 25, 2011

Are You Crabby?

When you go crabbing, you need a bucket with a perforated lid. When you catch your first crab, put it in bucket and quickly put the lid on lest it escape. However, once you have put two or three in the bucket, the lid is no longer necessary. You see if one crab attempts to escape from the bucket, the other crabs will pull it back down. If they can't have freedom, neither can their fellow crab. Sometimes, the crabs seem almost sinister,  waiting until the crab has almost escaped before yanking it back into the bucket.
 Talk about misery loves company.
Apparently the crabs are unaware of the boiling pot awaiting them. If they were would they pull each other back into the bucket, instead of helping escape artist? Or do they have that moronic mentality of if I can't have it, neither can you?
Those with that “crab mentality” are dream killers. I have seen it when people are doing their walkout and trying to take their life back after a devastating illness. Sadly, I have seen it in Mary Kay when someone is all excited about making some extra money and paying off their debts or maybe they have captured the big dream. Friends and relatives tell them they are foolish for even trying. They sound like Job's friends with the constant accusations. 
When we can step beyond the accusations, the pronouncements of doom, we can walk in plan that God had for our life before the foundations of the world. It is "exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think..." 
The following video shows a young man who "regardless of his hard life, passionately runs towards what he really wants.

2 comments:

Michelle Henry said...

Oh man, I'm dang near crying after that video, Diane! Wow.....!

Ida Marie said...

Dear Diane,
So nice to see you blogging again. I want to wish you a belated Happy Birthday!
I know God's timing is not our timing but I always hope for sooner than later. I understand you wanting to take financial burdens off of Ray and I am glad you realize that it is God who will take the financial burden off of Ray. We think we are just helping God but then realize that God doesn't need us to help but to trust in him (which is extremely difficult for me). I say "God your will be done". Now I just need to trust that his will is better than my will and he has plans for me. I understand why patience is a virtue. Thanks for making me think.
Love,
Ida Marie