Saturday, July 23, 2011

Arise, Shine

As a teenager I was in Girls' Auxiliary and our verse was Arise, Shine for thy light has come (and the the glory of the Lord is upon you.)Isaiah 60:1 We said the first part, not the second.
The life happened.
 Over time I quit both arising and I quit shining even though Jesus tells us that we are the light of the world.
About five years ago, I looked up the word Arise and found it meant:

1) to rise, arise, stand, rise up, stand up
a) (Qal)
1) to arise
2) to arise (hostile sense)
3) to arise, become powerful
4) to arise, come on the scene
5) to stand
a) to maintain oneself
b) to be established, be confirmed
c) to stand, endure
d) to be fixed
e) to be valid
f) to be proven
g) to be fulfilled
h) to persist
i) to be set, be fixed
b) (Piel)
1) to fulfil
2) to confirm, ratify, establish, impose
c) (Polel) to raise up
d) (Hithpael) to raise oneself, rise up
e) (Hiphil)
1) to cause to arise, raise
2) to raise, set up, erect, build
3) to raise up, bring on the scene
4) to raise up, rouse, stir up, investigate
5) to raise up, constitute
6) to cause to stand, set, station, establish
7) to make binding
8) to carry out, give effect to
f) (Hophal) to be raised up
Wow! Why wasn't that taught? It doesn't mean get up and twinkle like a star. It means to get up and GIVE light.
For God so loved the world, He GAVE.
At a Mary Kay meeting recently, the Director played Firework by Katy Perry. Although truly a secular song, I thing it belt out the Great Commission. Even in my work as I go into qualification as a director, I want to ignite women to be all they were created to be.
If you have been sleepwalking through your life or worse yet, given up, I hope this song will ignite to be His Firework.







No comments: