Sunday, July 24, 2011

Complete, Not Compete

I stayed up to the wee hours in the morning dealing with some yucky stuff churning inside of me. It is frustrating when you think something is dealt with and resolved and up it comes again.
In my Mary Kay business I have purposed in my heart to live its motto "enriching women's lives." I am to do that by helping to complete themselves, find those missing pieces or repairing the broken ones. Working your Mary Kay business is an excellent way to confront fears, deal with that unloving spirit that causes low self-esteem and establish healthy relationships.
By and large women's business relationships are very competitive. Where there is competition, there is separation. So I asked the Lord to show me how I could complete and not compete. 
Let me quick to say, I am not the completer, the Lord is, but He has used me to teach women how to see their value and to learn to love themselves right where they are. They don't have to stay there, but their journey does need to be one of love and not drivenness. 
Now once again I am at a crossroads where I can go into Director in Qualification. To be a director just enables me to reach even more women and share the Father's love, and it allows me to take some financial stress off of Ray. Lord knows he has carried more than his fair share these past 32 years.  I was in DIQ this time last year and failed. I have reviewed and repented for my goofiness. Once again I had shifted into drivenness, performance and competition. It did not honor the Father.
I was all set at the beginning of the month to "make it happen." Big pitfall- thinking it was all about me. Now the finish line looms ahead and I have to make some course corrections. 
Made a huge one this morning in our worship service. What a powerful service. There was a time of re-dedication (course correction). 
Then it became crystal clear. 
If I just worship Him, my heart, my motives will be pure. 
For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south, but God is the judge; he putteth down one and setteth up another. Ps.75:6-7 
Then Pastor Anita asked, "Could you just pray praising Him without asking for a thing?" 
If I truly live this song, everything will be taken care of. My heart will be pure. His timing will be perfect. It is really comes down to am I willing to live a surrendered life?

No comments: