Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rejoice

4Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
 5Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
 6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.Phil. 4:4-8
Can we pray praising Him for everything and ask for nothing? Can we rejoice in ALL things? 
Each circumstance requires a decision. Fear or faith. If we choose faith, then we can rejoice because we have relinquished it to someone bigger than the circumstance.
Without faith it is impossible to please God. Fear and faith do not mix. They are like oil and water. So which will you choose today?

1 comment:

Caligirl said...

What a beautiful song & singer. Today I choose faith even though I went home with a migraine & am still not fully recovered, I choose to rejoice in God my creator. I may not be able to shout out, or even loudly sing out, but I am rejoicing quietly & in my heart.

In trying to identify the source of the migraine, I believe it has to do with being a moderator on a local community, secular, forum. Yesterday, I was blasted again for sharing my opinion with a brief reference to eternity. Not surprisingly, vicious accusations were the result. Obviously something is rising up in them to react this way. I do believe that I am called to be the salt & light in this place at this time. I'm practicing separation, while still being a seed planter too.

I know it is the conflict that is troublesome to me. I need to keep disagreeing with that conflict, forgive the parties involved, and keep standing my ground with Jesus.

Thanks for posting that song. Karen