Friday, December 26, 2008

Is It Time for a Name Change?

Over 15 years while living in Rockwall, TX, I listened to Praise in the Night on KVTT radio in Dallas. Every morning on my way to morning prayer for one of those months, I would hear the song, I Will Change Your Name. Prayer was at 5:42 a.m. This was a healing time for me as I sought God with all of my heart.
The song was one of promise.

I will change your name
You shall no longer be called
Wounded, outcast, lonely or afraid

I will change your name
Your new name shall be
Confidence, joyfulness, overcoming one
Faithfulness, friend of God
One who seeks My face


It was an intimate time with the Lord that reshaped my life.

Too often we believe what others say about us instead of what the Father says about us. We can not allow the sins of others to shape us.
While "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me," is a lie from the pit of hell, we do not have to have to take it in.

We can be pierced, but not wounded. It is an "ow-ey", but we clean it up and treat it. We don't allow it to fester and become infected with bitterness.

Read the lyrics backwards now:
One who seeks My face
Friend of God
Faithfulness.

Does that describe me today? If so, will He not change my name?
As I seek His face, the wounds will heal. I will no longer be outcast, but treasured. I cannot be lonely or afraid for He has promised to never leave me nor forsake me. He shows me this as I seek His face.

I want to have a name change.

Diane

4 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Your name was changed the day you became a child of God! Don't listen lies that you haven't been redeemed. "Be confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Philippians 1 : 6

ewe scrap said...

Your name was changed to 'Beloved daughter.'

Mama D said...

Not sure if I am supposed to answer comments, but here goes:
Paul said: Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:Phil. 1:6
Hath begun happened over 50 years ago. Will perform is my future in Him. During this journey I have played in the pig pen before returning to the Lord. That pig pen experience brought much shame which was not God's perfect plan for me. I have been called names. I listened to those names and believed them even though that wasn't the Diane He created.
Now I choose to hear the voice of my Shepherd and He delights in me.
Diane

Mari said...

He will rejoice over thee with JOY! What a wonderful post.

Here is a link to my name change post:

http://outofdeepwaters.blogspot.com/2008/02/he-will-change-your-nameand-your.html

Love that song too! Great to talk with you this morning.