Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Beginnings

We can never recapture yesterday. It is gone. We may have a memory, but we cannot redeem the time.
I will not waste time in regret. But no more. Each year is a year to celebrate. A cardiology surgeon once told me that I would not live to be 60. Liar, liar, pants on fire. I am 63 and am believing for my full inheritance of at least 80 years. I have much life yet to live.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
The economy may be failing, but I am not. In fact, at my age I am better prepared for it than a young adult. I know how to stretch a dollar. I know how to make delicious meals out of little. And most important, I know how to keep my husband happy and he delights in doing the same.
I look forward to the coming year with great anticipation.

No comments: