Friday, January 2, 2009

Something Beautiful, Something Good

This blog has stirred dormant creative juices. I feel like I can breathe again.
So moving right along I am resurrecting my love for beautiful things. At Christmas we had friends over and I loved ironing the damask tablecloths and napkins. There is something rewarding about taking a limp damask napkin and starching, ironing, creasing and folding it. It is almost a work of art.
For months I have been gathering broken and discarded jewelry. I love multi-media pieces. Mom gave me a broken crystal necklace I received from my aunt when I graduated from high school in 1963. I want to make special pieces for my twins' 36th birthday. The numbers are reversed 63 and 36. I didn't quite have enough to do what I wanted.
However, two weeks ago my friend, Mary Pat, gave me some of her mom's jewelry. There were two necklaces that complimented mine perfectly.
I went to Hobby Lobby in Valdosta yesterday to get the findings. I can't wait to get started. It will be exhilarating to create something beautiful out something that was tossed aside.
Isn't that why it is exhilarating when the Lord touches us and takes us from what the world cast aside to something beautiful?
"Something beautiful, something good.
All my confusion He understood.
All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife.
But He made something beautiful of my life."

No comments: