Friday, January 30, 2009

Make Me Feel Beautiful

Every woman from her beginning recognition that she is female wants to feel beautiful. Unfortunately, the reflections we look at don't always reflect the glory God designed us to radiate.
As we draw nearer and nearer to our Creator, we become more and more beautiful.
Today my friend, Helena, had a whisper of lip gloss, but it was the peace that was exuding from victory over a hard fought battle that drew me to her beauty.
I sell Mary Kay unabashedly because it is how I forced myself to look in the mirror and see myself. I wanted to see what God saw when He saw me knit together in my mother's womb. I didn't want to use the mirrors of the past, mirrors of abuse and mirrors of failure. I want to hold up His mirror and my likeness to the fairest of them all.
I hope you will watch this video and listen to the lyrics.
May it bless you the way it did me.

"I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful

You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful."

No comments: