Sunday, January 4, 2009

Are You Going to Finish Strong?

The older that you get, the more failure that you experience. Do the math. However while doing that math, count your blessings as well.

How many goals did you set for 2008 that you abandoned by February because it was too hard or took too much time or maybe you just lost interest. If I lose interest, I question my level of commitment.

I sell Mary Kay. I love it. I have set many goals and failed. However, I have had success as well.
In 2008 I was Queen of Sales for my Unit which meant my sales were the highest of over 200 consultants.

I got in Mary Kay for a very different reason than most. I wanted to teach myself how to love myself. You see, I hated myself and most everything about me. However, I knew I wasn't a hypocrite. So I figured if I sold Mary Kay, I would have to use it faithfully which would mean I would have to take care of myself.

For almost a month, I would look in the mirror and plead, "God, show me what you see when you look at me for I don't see anything that I like."

It was painful for me to look in the mirror and to use the products properly I had to do it TWICE a day. Slowly, I began to get a glimpse of the Diane that God created before the foundations of the world. My smile returned. I began to love me which is the beginning of really loving others.

Last fall I derailed trying to be someone other myself. My bosses had tragedy after tragedy in a very short time frame. So I tried to do their job their way while they were out for a couple of months. No one asked me to do this. I just thought that was what was expected. It was a false expectation.

Remember this: God will never call you to be someone other than yourself. I tried and crashed and burned. Of course, I returned to the habit of hating myself for failing. This opened the door for failing more. My health took the brunt of this.

Slowly, once I recognized the problem, I began to give myself space to love myself. When I had to cover for someone, I did the best that I could. I no longer tried to do the best that they could.

For the past two months, I have made a conscious effort to be good to myself, not selfish, but making time to do what is best for me in order to heal. For a short time, I worked half days. That's all I had in me. I gained more strength and God met our needs.

I received the following video from my Mary Kay Director, Kathy Lee, today. She is Queen of Encouragement. I hope it will encourage you as it did me. Please take a moment right now to watch it.

http://www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

See you at the finish line.

2 comments:

AllThingsHomey said...

Because we are 'covered over with the robe of Rightousness' when God looks at us He sees Jesus. I cannot begin to comprehend that but it sure does free me up to try to be more like HIM. What a loving and Gracious God we serve.
Congratulations of your Mary Kay award.

AllThingsHomey said...

Oh yes, Diane, when I look at you, I see the Jesus in you.