Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turkey Soup

Today I am making turkey noodle soup at Ray's request. As I was removing the skin, fat and other undesirable morsels from the broth, our dog, Quigley, would follow the spoon from the pot to the garbage can. Occasionally, I would find a tiny bit of meat close to the bone and pick it out and put it in his bowl. Nevertheless, as I continued to clarify my soup, he followed the spoon to the garbage can. Now I have shown him, that I will give him some good things (not too much because he is a small dog), but he continues to follow the garbage and if I didn't push it deep away from him, he would scavenge the garbage as well.
Wonder how many times I do that? I know my Father will provide for me, but I continue to follow the spoon to the garbage can just to make sure I am not missing out on anything good. How ludicrous is that?


The young lions do lack and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good (thing). Psalm 34:10


Guess the question is am I truly seeking the LORD?

Diane

2 comments:

AllThingsHomey said...

I am SO proud of you!
And I get to be the grateful receipient of your talent.
I love the name of your dog and I love the way you can see the Lord in everything.
You have a regular visitor and I am going to forward your blog so keep them coming.
Your No One fan...Sally

AllThingsHomey said...

That was suppose to be # One Fan!!