Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blogs Begetting Blogs

It was a blogger who encouraged me to begin blogging. Another stepped up to the plate with similar encouragement.
Now my son, Michael, has begun a blog called Iron Man.
My oldest son, Jonathan, has been staying with us this week and going through the program that we have at the ministry I work for. (See www.beinhealth.com/programs) Already we are seeing beautifu changes and I would not be surprised at all if next week, he had his own blog as well.
I can remember over 50 years sitting on my grandmother's front porch after supper and just listening and talking. It was a form of family and community communication.
Today I also have a large front porch with a swing, but there is far too little time spent on it. My family and friends are from China to Africa. Yet I believe deep inside each of us is both a need to be heard and share our heart.
A pastor once told me that if you truly listen to someone, truly listen, you allow those hidden things to bubble up and bring hope. When thoughts go unexpressed, they can torment, stagnate or become bigger than life.
Blogging allows one an opportunity to share their thoughts and even knowledge or skills and those things hidden are revealed. You find out that the monster under the bed was just a dust bunny when you expose it.
I love writing. I always have. Some bloggers have taken individual blogs and created a book. I don't know that will happen here, but isn't that what we do with our lives?
Each day is a new page. What kind of book is your life? Mystery? Suspense? Romance novel? Or a How-To Book?
Write ON!

1 comment:

"Grateful Gracie" said...

Remember to send me Michael's blog address!