Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Son Returns Home

Ray, Mike and I work at a ministry called Be In Health. www.beinhealth.com
It offers a week long program called For My Life. When I went through the program for the first time seven years ago, I felt as if I had been through a semester of college in one week.
This past week our oldest son, Jonathan, went through the program which is 50 hours of intense teaching and ministry to bring healing to the spirit, soul, and body. Pastor Henry Wright teaches that often the mind needs to be renewed before lasting healing can take place. The scripturally based principles taught in For My Life™ encourages renewal of your mind with the Word of God.
For My Life™ was birthed in part out of Pastor Henry’s frustration that only 5% of those prayed for in healing lines received healing. He discovered that the key for realizing more healing in the body of Christ was applying the scriptural principle of sanctification. One of his favorite sayings is, "God’s perfect will is not to heal you but that you do not get sick".
So this week we saw Jonathan go from a "show me" attitude to "I want more." With tears welling in his eyes, he said, "I feel like I am home."
We have a close community and he saw how people were involved with others' lives and reached out in love. In spite of his false bravado, he felt totally accepted.
Many diseases are the result of separation between God, yourself, and others. The course helps you identify and deal the root causes behind these separations. These issues can include fear, stress, bitterness, guilt, self-hatred, accusation, and rejection.
Because of this course, Jonathan was able to apply the principles of God to his life in such a way that he can find healing of spirit, soul, and body as he continues to walk out what he has learned.
On Sunday he decided he wanted to participate in the foot washing done by the pastors. Like the rest of us, he has a ways to go in his journey, but I sincerely believe he is headed in the right direction.
He is planning on finding a job in the area and staying here. When he gets established, he will bring his wife up here as well. Please keep them both in your prayers.
Funny how God seems to always bring things full circle even if we don't notice the bend in the road.

1 comment:

AllThingsHomey said...

That is wonderful, encouraging news about Jon. I will keep him in my prayers.