Wednesday, January 5, 2011

God Uses Broken Things to Accomplish His Greatest Work

Those were the words I read first thing this morning in a devotional written by Os Hillman. (http://msg4svc.net/cadtc/305680/54/1596/25400/0/S/0/0/tpxb.html)
My first thought was, "Well, then He can use me."
He tells the story of David and how when he was being harassed by Saul no one had any use for him. This when God had told him he would be king.
What has God deposited in your heart and you see no fruit, no forward movement? More than once I have tried to advance God's clock. The result was failure.
In fact, I have failed so many times that I began to fear failure. I hesitated to try things again or anew, because I might fail again. In his devotional, Os said, "God often uses failure to make us useful."
Wow! I must be very useful and all this while the enemy was telling me I was a failure. He is a liar. Why did I listen?
Then Os said, " When Jesus called the disciples, He did not go out and find the most qualified and successful people. He found the most willing, and He found them in the workplace. He found a fisherman, a tax collector, and a farmer."
That was a real "aha" moment for me in regards to my building my Mary Kay business. "He did not go out and find the most qualified and successful people. He found the most willing, and He found them in the workplace."
As I move forward to become a director, I need to look for the most willing and those already employed. I need to quit trying to resurrect the dead and look for the willing.
Willing is defined on the internet as "disposed or inclined toward;
volition: the act of making a choice;
uncoerced: not brought about by coercion or force;
Aha!
Well, the other ways I have tried have failed and I can use those failures to make myself more useful to this new team.
Hmmm now there is a thought. I need to chew on that awhile.

No comments: