Tuesday, January 11, 2011

God's Spiritual Diet Plan (Part 1 of 4)

Proverbs 4:20-27 (King James Version)

20My son, (my daughter) attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
23Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
24Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
25Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
26Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
27Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

We are body, soul and spirit. It does no good for me to eat properly if my spirit is deprived and my soul is on a binge.
We have to hear God's voice for ourselves. Verse 20 says attend which says pay attention and incline means to bow. Today I have purposed to pay attention to what He is saying and to come in humility. I am not going through all of these verses today for I assure you they have not all come as rhema to my spirit yet. Yet I am listening.
It is sacred to hear the voice of the Lord. I am not talking about a booming voice, I am talking about that quiet knowing. A peaceful knowing that you know.
Sin will always keep us from hearing the voice of the Lord. In my case, overeating among other things is a besetting sin. I am conquering clutter as I see that it makes me anxious. Anxiety does not allow you to have faith in God for fear and faith are like oil and water.
"Let them (God's words) not depart from thine eyes."
What am I looking at?? How smart is it to watch the Food Network while bringing correction into your eating? Well, that is pretty obvious. But I believe the Lord is asking me during this 28 days to be very careful of what I am focusing on. That includes television, magazines, books, shopping and I am sure more.
Keep them (God's Word) in the midst of thine heart.
Sometimes my heart is so crowded that I don't pay attention to it. (See verse 20) Just as a rotten apple spoils the barrel, the Word of God in the midst of my heart will influence everything else in my heart. Those things that cannot handle the Light of His Word will be exposed and I will have to choose to get rid of them because His Light disperses the darkness.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. Isaiah 60:2

22For they (God's words) are life unto those that find them, That means we have to to look for them. God does not have a drive-thru where i your haste, you drive up and order the word for the day. No, you have to find His instruction, His direction daily. What if you were going on a long trip and you got on the highway without a map or directions, and there are no road signs. You may ultimately get there, but wouldn't it be simpler to have directions?
What if a pilot did not constantly make course corrections? The winds, turbulence, often take the aircraft off course, one degree here, another there. If there are no course corrections, he will not reach his destinations.
So it is with our lives. Yet we want to do our own things and try to figure things out. Who are we listening to? The voice of God or the voice of reason? Are we willing to make corrections or is always being right more important?
"and health to all their flesh." Do you have disease in your body? God's Word has the prescription for healing. That health is our physical body but also our mind.
1) health, healing, cure
a) healing, cure
b) health, profit, sound (of mind)
c) healing
Want to be in your right mind? Then hear the voice of the Lord through His Word. Again this is a daily choice. Remember God doesn't shout at you. His word is one of peace.

No comments: