Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Beginnings

During the last two months of 2010, I received a bad report from a doctor, a dear friend was killed in a car wreck and another friend had a stroke. God got my attention.
I have known for some time (understatement) that my weight was impacting my quality of life, but I had chosen to ignore it.
I had chosen to admit that eating the way I do is a sin.
Since I made the decision to do something about it, I have had such peace. It is all about choices and attitudes.
I am addicted to simple carbs which of course, includes sugar. I have begun cutting back significantly and take responsibility for I do eat instead of mindless eating. Hasn't always ben easy, but I find it getting easier.
Pastor Henry said the other day that the key to longevity is knowing God's Word and doing it.
Knowing AND doing.
I have a lot of head knowledge, but I have failed to "just do it!"
Now is the time!

No comments: