Saturday, January 15, 2011

God's Spiritual Diet Plan (Part 5 of 5)

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:17
You can take someone who eats perfectly and they have no control over their weight whether too fat or too skinny.
That is because we are a triune being- spirit, soul and body.
We need rightousnesss, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. If the person is on a rigid diet but full of bitternes or unforgivenesss, it will be for naught.
Righteousnes is integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correctness of thinking feeling, and acting.
One of the definitions of peace in the Strong's is: the tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lot, of whatsoever sort that is.
Examine that. Assured of your salvation. Fears nothing. Content in whatever state you are in.
Joy in the Holy Ghost: Dependent on your relationship from Him. This isn't a joy that comes out of an event, it is a joy that comes out of relationship with Him. You cannot not experience that joy if you are a legalist and are in constant black and white thinking.
If any one of these characteristics-righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost- is missing it will affect you on a physiological level. But we ignore the spiritual and do more exercise, change our diets, and get into more bitterness and frustration which further slows down our metabolism and amps up our cortisol levels so we can't take our peace.
I have learned that in order to establish righteousness in my life, I have to give up my right to be right. I do not have to defend myself. I am to walk in humility before the Lord and He will be my defender.
[Because of] his strength will I wait upon thee: for God [is] my defense. Psalm 59:9
Because of years of abuse, I lived in a state of hyper-vigilance. Always checking my surroundings even if I was in a store to see that I was safe. Recently I recognized that I was not trusting God to keep me safe. If I used wisdom in where I was going and how I was getting there, he had my back. I could relax.
Living in a continued state of hyper-vigilance keeps your body amped up and your cortisol drips continually. This destroys your immune system. You are prone to disease and have little energy.
Enter Addiction to make you feel good.
Isn't that insidious?
When we put our trust in Him, we can relax, He's got our back. We no longer have to be in charge of everything. We can take our peace. Then our body comes into peace and we are strengthen.
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No fear, working on that. :)