Monday, April 21, 2014

If You Have Fallen, It Is Time to Get Up

There comes a time in life when you have to lay down everything 
 that is holding you back and go for it.

 Hebrews 12:1 says, Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about
 with so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight,
and the sin which doth so easily beset us,
 and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

Our races and weights may be different, but none of us can do what God has set before us unless we lay down all of the weights that we have picked up over the years.
 
I can rattle off a dozen reasons why I couldn't be expected to a winner in the race of life. They could be as obvious as my weight or age or as devastating as being the victim of a violent crime. But those are just events.

Sometimes we can easily identify the weight. It is the "running with patience" that gets us.  I need to lose weight, but I don't want to lose a couple of pounds a week like I put it on. No, I want dramatic results in a week. Otherwise, it's too hard. I give up with a hopeless sigh.
 
When I quit trying to do it all myself and rely on His strength, then I go at His pace. I learn to be gentle on myself and I talk to myself. Yes, I talk to myself.
 
When that commercial comes on TV or the waitress asks if I want dessert (notice she says want, not need), I say, "Self, do you really want to wait another week for a win?"
 
What conversations are going on in your head? You may need to delete some old tapes. Replace them with what your Daddy says about you.
 

I find my true identity in who God says I am,
 not the voices of the past or that image in the mirror
or even what a medical test says I am.
 
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made:
 marvelous [are] thy works;
(Hey! I am one of His marvelous works! Woo Hoo!)
and [that] my soul knoweth right well. Ps. 139:14

To redeem them that were under the law,
that we might receive the adoption of sons.
And because ye are sons,
 God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts,
 crying, Abba, Father. (That means Daddy)
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son;
(or daughter. I am a member of His family.)
and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Galatians 4:5-7

 And hath raised us up together,
 and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
(so why are we in the pit of despair? Get back in that chair!)
That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches
 of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
(God wants to show YOU off!)
Ephesians 2:6-7

 
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil,
to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11

What is holding us back from appropriating ALL He has for us? Fear? Unforgiveness? Rejection? Self-Hatred?
 
We have lay these weights down, get up and  run!
 
 



 

2 comments:

Tanja said...

beautiful

Tanja said...

beautiful