Wednesday, April 23, 2014

No worries? Really?

Some people say they never worry about anything. Often they are the same folks who are stressed to the max.

Revelation time! Stress is worry. You say everyone has it? Well, we don't have to.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:3
 
Where is the focus? On circumstances or on the Father?
 
I am not suggesting that you bury you head in the sand like an ostrich. What I am suggesting is that you look to the only person who can help you.
 
During the past two years, Ray and I have lost a daughter and he lost a brother and a sister. He had open heart surgery. Some of our grandchildren went through some fiery trials which impacted our lives because we love them dearly.  We moved from the home we thought we would spend the rest of our lives in. The van I was driving caught on fire and burned up. These are stressful events.
 
I would love to tell you that I just blithely said, Well God's in control. I didn't.  However, beginning with the death of our daughter, Carrin, we pressed in like never before and trusted at a level we had never had.
 
Isaiah 26:3 became my song. When I felt stress tightening my muscles,  it was an alarm to run to Him. Sometimes it took longer than others to recognize. Nevertheless, it was the only refuge I had for no one could fix it.
 
Pastor Anita often says, Take your peace. That is not passive. You take your peace and don't let anyone or any circumstance steal it from you.
 
For me it has taken practice and I will admit, if I am tired, I can be easily duped. But I am learning to rest in Him. I am learning to be gentle on myself.
 
Line upon line, precept upon precept, I allow the author and finisher of my faith to write on my heart. Every circumstance is simply a paragraph in my story. I believe He likes happy endings.
 
 


No comments: