Tuesday, April 22, 2014

What Is The Price of Honesty?

Most of my life I pretended to be who you needed me to be. When I couldn't do it any longer, I would shutdown. Then weeks or months later, try again.

When I moved to Thomaston 12 years ago, I learned that was a fabricated personality. If I was going to be who God called me to be, I had to who He said I was. I was clueless.

I went to Google and googled Who Am I in Christ Jesus? I took those scriptures and began to write them in out in longhand on brightly colored cards.

Then when faced with fear, I could say, God has NOT given me a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind. If I felt abandoned, I could say, He promised never to leave me nor forsake me.

It has been a process. I had to choose who to believe. What others said about me? (You are just like xxxx or You are going to be fat just like...Why can't you... You never do anything write. How many places have you lived? You will never amount to anything?) Or I can choose to listen to what the Father said about me. One brings death; the other brings life.
I choose life.

Honesty is so much simpler and brings peace. Lying or fabricating to please others brings torment. That torment brings illness through the stress of always being untrue to yourself. Fear of man or fear of abandonment says honesty is too hard. Guess what? Fear is a liar. Quit listening to the liar and listen to the truth.

We can do ALL things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us. Will you choose life?


No comments: