Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He Shall Bring It to Pass

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass. Psalm 37:4
Many times I have committed my ways to the Lord, but I haven't trusted Him and I try to bring it to pass.
Guess what?
It doesn't work.
This trip to Ireland has been a bit intense because it is stretching us so much. However, it has been fun and easy. God continues to bring in resources in the most unexpected ways. One customer who usually buys $30 a month, bought over $400 worth of Mary Kay when the airline lost her luggage. Ray has gotten some "fix-it" jobs.
We aren't holding back at any level. We are continuing to give out as the Lord prompts and He is multiplying back.
We aren't making any reservations for lodging except for some time we will spend with a friend. This is a trust journey. We are committing our ways to the Lord and asking Him to bring us to the places He wants us to say to encourage someone or to be encouraged ourselves.
We have such peace about this trip. This is a breakthrough journey. We will return changed, not because of Ireland, but because of time away as a couple, the faith it took to even commit to going, the divine encounters He will bring and more that He will reveal.
I know we will never be the same.
Found a song by Hillsong that describes where we are:
With All I Am
by Hillsong United
album: For All You've Done (2004)


into your hand
i commit again
with all I am
for you Lord

you hold my world
in the palm of your hand
and I'm yours forever

CHORUS

Jesus I believe in you
Jesus I belong to you
you're the reason that I live
the reason that I sing
with all I am

I'll walk with you
wherever you go
through tears and joy
I'll trust in you

and I will live
in all of your ways and
your promises forever

CHORUS

I will worship I will worship you forever

CHORUS

1 comment:

AllThingsHomey said...

It's been awhile since I have spent the time to be refreshed by your blog. You are a Blessing. I love you.