Saturday, April 11, 2009

Two Ways to Live Your Life

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle ."
Albert Einstein

When Ray and I were missionaries in Lesotho, the Basotho would begin their testimony with "I praise God for my life." These were people whose family lived on less than $30 a month with no electricity, plumbing, telephone, or personal transportation. Their main meal was pap, a traditional porridge made from mielie-meal, ground maize. It was like thick grits. Mama would make up a big pot and they would eat it for days.
Yet they had an attitude of gratitude for the smallest of things. They were humble and joyful.
Tomorrow is Easter. My Jesus said that He came that I might have life and not only that but have it more abundantly. (John 10:10)
He died to give me an abundant life. If that is not what my life represents especially in the things that money cannot buy, I need to find out who/what the thief is. For the first part of that verse says, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..." What choices have I made that opened the door to the thief. Once identified, I need to take responsibility for those choices and repent. Then, and only then can I enjoy the abundant life He promised.
I praise God for my life.

No comments: