Friday, April 10, 2009

Learning to Rest

Almost 29 years ago I first heard the concept of resting in the Lord. (Heb. 4) and yet I often feel I am no closer to fully embracing His rest. The closer I get to it, the more I recognize how much fear I have in absolute surrender, the irrevocable kind. I think Ireland could be a trust walk if I make no reservations, but simply stop when He says stop. A time where I lean back and trust Him to catch me. The risks are fewer, because my livelihood is not on the line.
I get into performance and drivenness on the job trying to do things RIGHT. Here there is no RIGHT. Ray could care less whether we spend the night in Tramore or Dunmore East. There are, of course, certain sights we want to see, but they don't have to be done on a specific day.Perhaps I can even learn more fully what taking my peace is all about.
Today I am staying home from work. I have been drooling for a couple of days. I don't know if it is from a broken tooth that I am choosing to ignore or something more serious. I do know that I am tired and wound tighter than a banjo string. So I am going outside to pot some plants and then when the sun is out come in and finish writing an article for the Journal and start another. I am believing that in this slower pace, I can hear God say, "This is the way, walk in it."
Our Sunday service was powerful and one of the songs that Mary Pat shared (a favorite of Pastor Anita) was Order My Steps in Your Word.
I am posting the lyrics and then the video. What a way to live!
Chorus 1
Order my steps in Your word dear Lord,
lead me, guide me everyday,
send Your anointing, Father I pray;
order my steps in Your word,
please, order my steps in Your word.

Verse 1
Humbly, I ask Thee to teach me Your will,
while You are working, help me be still,
Satan is busy, but my God is real;
order my steps in Your word,
please, order my steps in Your word.

Verse 2
Bridle my tongue let my words edify,
let the words of my mouth be acceptable in Thy sight,
take charge of my thoughts both day and night;
please order my steps in Your word,
please order my steps in Your word.

Bridge
I want to walk worthy,
my calling to fulfill.
Please order my steps Lord,
and I'll do Your blessed will.
The world is ever changing,
but You are still the same;
if You order my steps, I'll praise Your name.


Order my steps in Your word.
Order my tongue in Your word.
Guide my feet in Your word.
Wash my heart in Your word.
Show me how to walk in Your word.
Show me how to talk in Your word.
When I need a brand new song to sing,
show me how to let Your praises ring,
in Your word, in Your word.

Chorus 2
Please order my steps in Your word,
please order my steps in Your word.

Ending
Please order my steps in Your word.



No comments: