Sunday, April 26, 2009

What Kind of Love Do I Have?

We have all been taught the three kinds of love, but I suggest that agape love is really more identifiable as a selfless love. When we give up our right to be right, God can move in our behalf.
There is so much baggage that we bring into a marriage and its family. One word can jerk us back to the past. When we are selfless, there is no trigger.
I am becoming keenly aware of how much fear I have in totally trusting God with those I love. This awareness journey began when one of my daughters took her children away from here. I was extremely angry and bitter. I was convinced harm would come to them all.
However, I did not want to become a bitter woman. So daily, sometimes many times a day, I would repent for my bitterness. I did this for WEEKS until the bitterness lost its grip. It lost when I recognized that I didn't trust God with my daughter or my granddaughters. I repented and released them.
It's not the way I planned, but God sees the expected end. I don't.
There is another war under my roof this week. Voices being raised as each defends their position. More quickly now, I release each to the Lord and remind myself that He know the expected end. He is God and I am not.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jer. 29:11

No comments: