Saturday, October 5, 2013

Who Do We See in the Mirror?

Today we did our final Glamour Shots.
What fun we three musketeers had- Elizabeth Evans, Kassy Levitt and myself. We were faithfully assisted by Ann Cobb.
Our dog, Eddie, ate my glasses this week. Yes, you read that right. So Ann was often my eyes when I couldn't read the  print on the Mary Kay samples.

The reality is that for each of us, we have all struggled with loving ourselves.
I have no problems at all taking a bit of makeup and enhancing what is already there and bringing a face alive- as long as it isn't mine.
I think when we see ourselves as anything less than what the Father created us to be, we are seeing reflections of the lies that others have spoken about us. We took those lies in and began to parrot them until we believed them ad our body conformed to them.

If I choose instead to worship my Creator, and commit to His ways then I change from the inside out. I reflect my Father for I am Daddy's girl.

Lord, I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord, have Your ways in me
 


.




No comments: