Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Abuse Hurts

My first marriage and a couple of other relationships were abusive. After a while, the abused are like wounded rabbits attracting every coyote around.
You are worth so much more. Get knowledge. Know who you are and don't settle. So grateful that I was able to stop the abuse in my life and I know you can, too. He said he would kill himself if I left. He married twice more. lol Don't be conned by an abuser.
Because of the 25 years of abuse I experienced, the Lord seems to bring the wounded across my path. Often I am unprepared to help in my own strength. If I look at the situation in the natural, I am done.
One young woman we got involved with had addictions as well as an abusive relationship. We ran the full gamut over a period of time from inviting her into our home to her running away from us and then back to us with her abuser close at her heels.
When you feel that you fail someone, it makes you reticent to get involved with another's life.
However, if I remember that I offered love, she was unable to receive it at that time, and there are others still needing it.
When our trust is breached and  we focus on those we fail, we will never reach out.
So many need God's love and He uses ordinary people to give it. They don't need my love. I am just a girl and I will fail them and disappoint them.
They need the Father's love. Am I willing to be totally devoid of expectations and just be a vessel?
Mary Kay has an awesome campaign going on right now. Mary Kay believes everyone deserves to be in a healthy relationship. Through the national Don't Look Away campaign, Mary Kay is taking steps to educate people on how to recognize the signs of an abusive relationship and what they can do about it. Text "loveis" to 77054 if you or someone you know has experienced abuse.
 

No comments: