Monday, September 30, 2013

Pretty Is As Pretty Does

We had Glamour Shots Saturday. It was the first real makeovers I have done since my daughter, Carrin, died. she was constantly on my mind.
Like a kid who hasn't ridden a bicycle in a long while, there were some misses, but I am good at color and begin to pick up my stride.
Still it wasn't as easy as it used to be.
Before I was doing faces and helping them see their beauty. Now, changed by grief, I was looking beyond the skin and seeing the value of each day and praying I was creating a really special memory for them.
Two makeovers were especially hard for me. One was a saint that goes to my church. Her inner beauty glows and I was actually intimidated to make changes, but I did. Well, actually they were tweaks.
Then there was my granddaughter, Curstie. I thought I would totally lose it. In fact, I never did finish. You see, she is Carrin's daughter. Touching her was touching a part of Carrin. A bittersweet moment. Sweet to have Curstie here, bittersweet because she is on her way to Italy to join her husband. Bittersweet because I can't touch Carrin again.

So I begin again. One more Glamour Shot session this Saturday, and then I will get back to what I do best. Pampering sessions with just one or two women and bringing forth their beauty inside and out with God's help.

These are some of the beautiful ladies that I worked with Saturday. Women friends are an important part of becoming beautiful -laughter, tears and honesty, ever listening, ever being formed into His image.

Surrender to your Father and He will give you beauty for ashes in His time.



 
.

No comments: