Thursday, September 5, 2013

Looking Back or Looking Forward?

Everyone has regrets. Regrets come in all sizes and are designed to keep us from moving forward.
Paul tells in Philippians, "13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
The plan of the enemy is to let the victimization and mistakes of our past become the devastation of our future. Paul exhorts us to forget those things that are in the past. How many years did I waste tied in knots because it wasn't fair? Those questions keep in the quicksand of what if and if only, never moving forward and watching life pass you by.
Isn't it time to take your life back?
I am convinced the answer to all problems is to receive more of the Father's love.

Too often we take the shortcomings of our earthly father and color God as the big policeman in the sky or someone that  is distant and not trustworthy.
If we simply open our hearts to Him and pray, God, show me your love, if we read His Word and seek Him, He will heal the broken places of our heart.
That is what He did for me. The joy and peace that I have now comes out of a relationship with Him. It is in relationship, I trust Him and receive His love. It's much more than you thought possible and then  reach forth for those things which are before us.

No comments: