Friday, September 27, 2013

Glamour His Way

Tomorrow we are doing Glamour Shots with professional photographer, Elizabeth Evans. These sessions never fail to amaze me. Last time I did one, I had a meth addict with really troubled skin. She came with a controlling mother and a precious aunt. It was interesting to see the dynamics as one by one each was transformed.
Guess who had the lesser transformation? The mom with control issues.
I was a control freak of a mom. All control issues come out of fear. Number one fear? If I don't keep it together, everything will fall apart.
That is a lie from the pit of hell and an open door to self-idolatry.
It took a crisis with one of my adult daughters for me to clearly see the crux of the problem. After the devastation of the event, I was getting sick again. Racing heart, high blood pressure, etc.
One night I gave God "what for." (He can handle it.)
I said, "God, I have repented and repented until I think my repenter is going to fall off. Please DO something."
He said, "Will you trust me?" (These come as thoughts.)

Well, that really ticked me off.
"Will I trust you? Will I trust you? I have been a Christian 60 years and you are asking me if I trust you??" I was incredulous and aggravated.

"Oh, yes, you trust me if you can see how it is going to work out. You trust me if your fingers are in the pie, but will you trust me if you see no good thing?"
Wow! He was right. My trust was conditional to the "happily ever after" ending. I had never seen that. WOW!

I was humbled and contrite. I surrendered.
That was a turning point.
I have never received the "happily ever after" ending to that event, but relationships were restored and isn't that what is important? Healthy relationships where we can share openly and honestly and even agree to disagree.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor 3:17-18

 
Tomorrow images will be changed on the outside and seeds will be planted to change the inside. So grateful He is in control, not me.





 





No comments: