Wednesday, September 18, 2013

God's Crock Pot

I have been cooking for over 50 years. (Yes, I started early.) When crock pots came on the scene, the lids were not tight-fitting. The axiom was if you lift the lid, add another hour to the cooking time because all of the heat would escape.
It is the same with our lives. God wants to help us deal with the things that separate from us from others, even Him.
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous,
but grievous: nevertheless
afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness
 unto them which are exercised thereby. Heb. 12:11
 
I want to get in His Presence microwave-style, push one minute and wait to hear the ding and be done.
I want the peaceable fruit of righteousness, but not the chastening. So I take the lid off, poke, prod, even remove myself from His pot, but I am not done.
He may drop an idea in my heart Too often I run with it before He has trained, formed and opened the door, I hit the shut door head on and wonder, "Where are you, God?"
He is waiting at the beginning.
Now I have to go back, add another hour or so, and learn to abide in Him. If a day is like a thousand years, what is a real hour?

John 15: 1-5 says:
1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:
 and every branch that beareth fruit,
he purgeth it,
that it may bring forth more fruit.
3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4Abide in me, and I in you.
 As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
except it abide in the vine;
 no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches:
 He that abideth in me, and I in him,
the same bringeth forth much fruit:
for without me ye can do nothing.
 
I can work at Be in Health, be a Star consultant in my Mary Kay business .or be a very good wife, mother or grandma, whatever I chose, but if I am not abiding in Him, there will be no peaceable fruit of righteousness.
If I am still, I will hear His voice, His leading.
 If I am overwhelmed, I am not abiding.
I will be stressed, not blessed.
Today I choose to crawl back in His crock pot (His everlasting arms) and abide in Him until He says I am done.

No comments: