Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Who Are You?

The longer I live the more I realize I am not the only person that really doesn't know who they are from a Father's perspective.
For years I allowed what happened to me in my journey of life defined me. So my self-definition- meaning those tapes playing in my head- said I was fat; I was abused, unclean, unwanted. I was a failure and feared failing again.  I was a procrastinator and the list goes on.

Everyone has tapes playing in their head. Obviously some are better than others. The important thing is if the tapes train you for failure, then it is time to change the tape.
When I first came to the Be in Health ministry and heard that to change I had to know who I was, who the Father said I was, I was clueless. So clueless I googled, Who Am I in Christ.
That was the beginning of changing the course of my journey. When we let people and circumstances, traumas and events define us, we will not reflect His workmanship.
Each belief brings with it a mindset.
 As a child I loved playing with a kaleidoscope. As you turned it different pieces of glass tumbled into place forming a new picture. Your daily life can be likened to one of those tiny glass pieces. Now it depends on the direction you turn it which picture you see.
It is my heart's desire that you read my blog, you, too, will be able to exchange beauty for ashes. (Isaiah 61:1-3)

I want you to see yourself as a "pearl of great price and I earnestly do not want you to take as long it took me.
If you want to change, I invite you to join me on this journey. My desire is to give a simple word of encouragement and remind you are not alone. Then you decide which turns to make to take back your life and live it to the fullest.


No comments: