Friday, August 14, 2009

Back Side of the Desert

God allows us desert time to teach us to trust Him with ALL of our hearts. It isn't fun. It can be quite painful and we may think He has deseted us, but He wants to learn to trust His timing.
If I had to pay child support for all of Ishmael's I have created when I ran ahead of God, it would probably exceed the national debt.
But praise God He has forgiven my debts. Now I wait for His timing and His deliverance.
I have never felt the peace I now know. It is a quizzical place. I have no idea what the future holds from the simplest of things like my Mary Kay business to whether or not to take in a troubled woman.
I have always had little patience for those who could not make quick decisions, but now I am learning the peace in trusting God and waiting for Him to reveal the answers instead of trying to figure it out on my own.
Satan pushes, but the Holy Spirit leads. I am sitting on the backside of the desert waiting to be lead. Waiting to hear His voice saying, "This is the way, walk in it."


No comments: