Saturday, August 15, 2009

Climbing a Mountain?

Climbing a mountain is hard. It is physically taxing. More often than not, I pause along the way. From the mountains of North Carolina where I went to vacation as a youth to the mountains of Lesotho in southern Africa, I always paused along the way to catch my breath and then continued on.
Pausing is okay, but how many times in the mountains set before me have I sat down and quit? Or turned around before I reached my destination, because it was just too hard?
God has a plan. He had a plan for each of us before the foundations of the earth. He is the Lord that changes not.
So why do we try to create a newer, better plan? A faster, more efficient plan?
Very simply it is because we do not fully trust God. This has become a harsh reality in my life.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
When I am not trusting God, I am without faith. Faithless. I am hopeless without faith.
God has a plan. His plans for each of us is for good and not evil. We must keep climbing, keep pressing forward. It isn't a race; it is a journey. The important thing is to move with Him when He moves.
Come to a place of absolute surrender and you will have both great joy and peace.

No comments: