Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Restoration Jewels

The Lord has rekindled my desire to impact women's lives who have been abused and are clueless as to how precious they are.
I am taking old jewelry and purses making new pieces. I call them Restoration Jewels because I think that is how the Father sees. Some may see us as lumps of coal because of the abuse, shame and humiliation, but my Father sees the diamond inside and He loves me even in my darkness for He is the Light that will make me shine.
My heart is to earn extra money to provide a safe haven even if it is just hours a week where they can be loved and nurtured. To teach them to create beautiful things and begin to see the beauty in life. I believe that when you create something beautiful, yu are connected to the Creator Himself.
My friend, Autumne, directed to the Etsy site for online selling of this genre and I have set up an account. Then my friend, Susan, directed me to the Bluebird Market locally. Sales will begin by September 12th. I am so excited.
This is still another level of Isaiah 61:1-3:
The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
If you have orphaned or unwanted jewelry or purses that you would like to send, we would would welcome them. I will not be doing this singlehandedly, but count on other women helping this women for we are family. The address is 330 E Lee Street, Thomaston, GA 30286
We are not a charity so there will not be a tax deduction this side of heaven, but I encourage you to share some beauty with your sisters. They are ready for the times to get better.

No comments: