Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hugged Any Porcupines Lately?

There are people that you love, but loving them means you are going to get hurt.
Sometimes that hurt is so defiling.
When it is, I realize that I have taken it in, instead of separating the person from their sin. Wonk! I am down for the count.
Now I have a choice. I can forgive and not keep a record of wrongs or I can stew over it and literally make myself sick. (Psalm 38)
The doctor has prescribed a 30 day time of rest. In this time, I am taking the time to be with Him especially in daily reviewing 2 Peter chapter 2.
God frequently gives us building blocks. In our haste, we want to skip steps.
In 2 Peter it says:
...add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:...
I want to skip from faith to love. There is so much more. Without taking the time to build this foundation, His perfect love can not be shared.
I hugged a porcupine today. I am going to sit in my favorite chair, pull out the quills, and allow the Lord to breathe His life into me and then I will begin again once again.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Oh, this is sooooooooo good! Thanks for the song...I love it.